Saturday 13 April 2013

The End is nigh

So

That is it

The last guest food to go out of our kitchen has just gone.

It was a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake.

I have never been brought to tears by a cheesecake before. I didn't think I would be this sad to see the end, to be honest I started counting down the end of the season sometime at the beginning of February. But tonight is a sad night, and a happy night all at the same time.

But there it is, I a sad, and I watched my boys working today for the last time and I realised how much I will miss all my staff. I'm sure they wont miss me, how many people have ever said 'Oooh I really miss my old boss?' Very few I expect. But I will miss them, and I will worry about them even though they don't need worrying about and I will care about them all for a long time to come.

Bloody soppy I am tonight eh! I started work at 7.30 this morning and it 21.50 now so maybe I have been at work so long that I am going mad. Maybe I worked so long because I wanted to soak up the last few hours of being here. I don't know why I wanted to soak it all up today, I haven't had the slightest desire to do that at all for the last 5 months.

Oh well, I better go to bed before I start crying in front of the staff. Won't want to ruin my image now would I?

I'm going to compile a play list of sad 'saying good bye songs'

Goodbye - The Spice Girls
Time to Say Goodbye - Andrea Bocelli
The Power of Goodbye - Madonna
Every time We Say Goodbye - Peggy Mann


You get the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment