Monday 29 October 2012

Ready to Apres

Today was my day off and after a day ironing, packing and watching classic TV such as Jeremy Kyle. About  half three I wandered with a friend into town. We walked past a cocktail bar and I suddenly had a huge desire to go in and have a drink. And the more I thought about it the mort I wanted a jager bomb.

Then I realised that it was Apres time. That in the not too distant future, four pm will be prime drinking time.

The girl I was with was a little bit shocked that I was being pulled towards the drink so early in the day. In the world we inhabit together four pm is prime working time.

So, in the end I did not have a drink, and in fact even though we went to the pub much later I didn't have a drink then either (I do have work tomorrow) (not a thought that will be worrying me in the future).

However on Thursday I will be going to the Ski and Snowboard show at Earls Court. I cannot wait. And I'm going in Thursday evening to make the most of the apres that will be going on. I'm also going with my ski obsessed mother. I'm hoping that if I get my mum a couple of jager bombs she might become very free with her credit card. I'm after a new coat, some goggles, some black snow boots, some neon yellow sallies and potentially some skis. How many jagers do you think that will take???

No comments:

Post a Comment