Thursday 13 December 2012

Various Up dating and the Meribar opening party

So... I am tired.  I do not think I have ever been this tired in my life. And I haven't even stepped on a piste yet. Not one foot. There have not been any ski boots on my feet, no big planks strapped to them while I hurtle somewhat uncontrollably downhill. In fact I haven't even done it slowly while in complete control. And my Three Valley lift pass had been sat on my bedside table for almost a week now.

I have done a lot of paperwork. And sent a lot of emails. And moved a hell of a lot of furniture around.

I have also ordered a new duvet and two sets of bedding. This season is all about the comfort. When I look back on this season in many years time, I want to look back and think, 'well maybe I didn't live the crazy rock and roll, bed hopping life style that most seasonaires live, but at least when I went to bed I was really bloody comfy'. No crappy single bed with blankets on for me! I have two single beds pushed together AND a 13.5 tog duvet!

Bloody hell I live an exciting life, you only realise it when you sit down to write about it!

But through this haze of work and duvets I have managed to get out of the hotel and even have a drink. And last night I was totally and utterly desperate for a drink. Last night was the Meribar's opening party.

 Now I have written before about how Meribar is one of my favourite places to be on earth. It is my place to write, it is my place to get out of the hotel and my place to just sit and listen to live music and zone out totally.

Now this year the Meribar has new management, and luckily I already know them all. Go in and say hi, they are cool people. My one piece of Meribar advise is have one of their home made toffee vodkas. It is potentially the nicest drink ever invented and will, very soon become something that people visit the Meribar for. I am convinced it will make them famous.

Last night hey were also testing the go-pro pint where a pint of beer is attached to a go-pro and you get filmed drinking it. Now this is something I can promise I will never ever try. The angles of that camera are never ever going to be flattering. I wouldn't even consider a go-pro Gin.

There is of course the usual apres bar type things, the yard of ale, the thousands of jager bombs, a plethora of slightly scruffy looking young people milling around aimlessly. But although the staff look a bit scary they are actually brilliant, the place is comfy and warm and the drinks are cheap. The music is always loud and good (I hear tell on the grapevine that the Ram Raid are back for their usual Wednesday apres spot this season).

They have also updated the menu, several samples of which were floating round last night (I had to restrain myself from just snatching a whole plate from a passing waitress) (I had by that point consumed far to many alcoholic mixtures of gin, jager and toffee vodka and had become slightly distressed about how I would not be able to find food before my coco pops at 8.30 the next morning)

Anyway it was a great night. Everyone should go.

I am now too tired to remember what I am supposed to be writing? Who am I? Where am I? Where is my duvet?

No comments:

Post a Comment